Friday, May 30, 2008

Say What??

I kid you not this is what a Dr wrote as an admission order---

"Treatment for Insomnia-warm herbal tea or milk, white noise at low level (tv or radio) and BACK RUB at HS (hour of sleep)" .


I am not sure what the Dr was smoking or the patient either for that matter, but that order is not going to happen... there aren't enough nurses as it is to take care of all the patients' "APPROPRIATE" orders...


Plus last I checked I work in the hospital not "Mona's Magical Hands Massage Parlor"!!!!


Got insomnia? Take a pill like the rest of us!

2 comments:

Somenurse said...

"Plus last I checked I work in the hospital not "Mona's Magical Hands Massage Parlor"!!!! "

that was too much. I have an instructor that expects us to give a rub to ever patient at HS, and she is serious. I don't know how I feel about that exactly but I do know that I am not totally comfortable with it. How bout the nurses form a daisy chain of magical hands and all the patients will benefit from the attitude improvement and stress reduction.

Anonymous said...

I trained in Australia starting in 1984 - orthopedic ward - student nurses expected to back rub all patients at bed time.

Well, the old dears loved it - I hated it and thought it was disgusting