Sunday, March 23, 2008

Coming soon to an ER near you....

My ER has always been pretty relaxed about what the nurses wore to work. I think they were just happy we showed up. There were nurses that still wore the typical nurse scrubs , but most wore scrub bottoms and tshirts.

I hate nurse scrubs, I feel like a slob, and surprisingly find them very restricting of my movements..weird I know, so I typically wore cargo pants with a tshirt. I looked presentable, never had any complaints that my attire was hazardous to my patients health, never was revealing- granted I typically wore all black but I was comfortable and I thought that was the most important thing considering what I did for a job.

Well now the big-wigs have decided that we should all wear the same outfit, dark blue nurse scrubs. Why? Well some idiot voiced concerns that we could be bringing home MRSA and every other forsaken bug out there to our families on our clothes, so the hospital should provide us scrubs to change into. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.. really it is. I would love to find the person who voiced that concern and show my appreciation.


Since the nurses didn't have any input into what we would wear, and why should we, not like it is us wearing it for 10-13 hours straight, oh wait yeah it is, I thought I would fantasize about the uniform tops I would have picked out for the ER...














If only I was in charge.......

No comments: