Monday, September 8, 2008

Just like old days...

Homicidal and suicidal patient with special alert for potential for staff assault is in a locked room having her vital signs taken by the tech who leaves the door ajar..
Tech is 5ft maybe 105lbs..Pt is 5-7 180lbs, pushes past the tech and takes off running, I hear the yelling from another room and see her bolting for the doors in her paper scrubs.. while tech yells for security... I take off running after her along with the former Army ranger now tech... The patient makes it to the parking lot before being "detained" OK more like body slammed...
Damn that was fun.. Afterward the patient's nurse asked me what I was thinking "You should have let security handle it" .. hmm what was I thinking... just about the take-down hon, and damn was it good.

No comments: