Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trade?


We don't have an IV team at our hospital. When a nurse on the floor can't get their IV in, they call the ER for one of us to do it.

Most of the time I don't mind, but lately it is becoming more and more often . I have actually turned it into a game to see if I can get the IV in, flushed, dressed, clean up my mess and charted in less time then it took them to walk to the ER to ask for help (they never call for this request, they always come an ask in person, not sure why).

This little game amuses me, keeps my skills up and makes the floor nurse feel kinda bad for not getting the IV in.. I probably wouldn't find such joy in this if they occasionally thanked us with pizza, chocolate or offered to do our next digital disimpaction. Its fair right?!

No comments: